If you want expand your file system on flash memory then you may enable the PIVOT OVERLAY mode.
Follow the below steps:
- Insert a SD card into your board.
- Open a SSH section, if you are a Windows user can use Putty.
- Login as root.
- Type your password.
- Verify that the SD card is correctly mounted using df -h command
It should appear your device in /dev/sda1
Furthermore in this moment the Rootfs has 4.8Mb as Size.
- Type the command: overlay-only -i
- It will firstly install fdisk on your system, if not previously installed:
Click Enter key to install fdisk.
-After the installation try again the command: overlay-only -i
Click Enter key to continue.
- Now it appears the Linino Overlay menu.
- Choose the number 1
- Type Y to start the procedure.
It should the command be not provided with your current image, please follow these preliminary steps:
$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linino/linino_distro/lininoIO/package/linino/yun-scripts/files/usr/bin/overlay-only
$ chmod +x overlay-only
$ mv overlay-only /usr/bin
- Wait that the Overlay is completed.
- Completed the Overlay, connect again to SSH console and verify if the procedure is gone well, typing the df -h command.
- Now the Rootfs should have a greater size.
If you want Revert Pivot Overlay then you must follow these steps:
- Connect to SSH console.
- Type the command: overlay-only -i.
- Select the number 2.
- Wait that the Revert Pivot Overlay is completed.
Keep in mind that if you have extended the file System and you want upgrade the board then follow these steps:
- uninstall all programs;
- execute the Revert Pivot Overlay;