In this guide, it is shown as to realize a connection point to point between an Arduino Tian and a TFTP Server, using a Windows PC.
Follow these steps:
1) Download the files that you want to transfer.
2) Download and install a TFTP server:
- You can use Windows TFTP Utility, download it here;
- Install the tool as administrator.
- Not connect the PC to the network;
- Connect the Arduino Tian to PC via LAN cable;
- Connect the Arduino Tian to PC via USB cable;
The board must be powered with one power supply that provides output at least 2A.
For connecting it to your computer you may need to use a Y-Cable (USB Micro-B to Standard Male A).
- Go to Control panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections, as shown in the below image:
- Select Ethernet and click on right taste of mouse and click again on Proprieties:
- Doubble click on Internet Protocol version4 (TCP/IPv4);
- Set the Static IP, as shown in the below picture (in this example IP: 192.168.60.124):
5) Set the TFTP server:
- Open Windows TFTP Utility and set it:
- Select the path of your files.
- Set the ip address (the same ip static address 192.168.60.124).
- Click OK when you finish the setting;
- Check that the Server is working.
6) Now, from serial monitor, set the address:
- Open the Arduino IDE 1.7.10 or later, you can download it here;
- Select Tian from Tools>Board menu;
- Select COMXX(Arduino Tian - Console Port) from Tools>Port menu, as shown in the below image:
- Click LNX RST button and type lin when it is requested.
- Set the address, following the below command:
setenv serverip ‹tftp-server-ip›;
setenv ipaddr ‹linino-board-ip›;
In this example the setting is:
linino>setenv serverip 192.168.60.124;
linino> setenv ipaddr 192.168.60.182;
- Test the TFTP server doing a ping, in this example:
linino> ping 192.168.60.124