To upgrade the board verify that:
- you have a TFTP server installed on your PC. (Windows users can use Windows TFTP Utility:http://sourceforge.net/projects/tftputil/).
- The board and the PC are connected via Ethernet on the same LAN.
- Set the TFTP server and TFTP client IP addresses at the u-boot prompt (Note about TFTP for MAC OS X 10.9.3):
- Your board is Connected to PC via USB cable.
The board must be powered with one power supply that provides output at least 2A.
For connecting it to your computer you may need to use a Y-Cable (USB Micro-B to Standard Male A).
- Download the u-boot file, you can use these links:
- Enter in u-boot console:
1) Open the Arduino IDE 1.7.10 or later, you can download it here;
2) Select Tian from Tools>Board menu;
3) Select COMXX(Arduino Tian - Console Port) from Tools>Port menu, as shown in the below image:
4) Click LNX RST button and type lin when it is requested.
You can use also another serial terminal as cu or minicom:
sudo cu -l /dev/ttyACM0 -s 115200
If you use MACOSX 10.9.4, you must use this path: /dev/tty.usbmodemXXXX .
- Now pay attention and follow these steps:
setenv serverip ‹tftp-server-ip›;
setenv ipaddr ‹linino-board-ip›;
In this example the setting is:
linino>setenv serverip 192.168.60.124;
linino> setenv ipaddr 192.168.60.182;
Test the TFTP server doing a ping, in this example:
linino> ping 192.168.60.124
If the ping is successful, then you continue the guide, else check the network and the tftp server or click here to follow this other guide to realize a connection point to point.
- Type the below command to transfer the u-boot file:
tftp 0x80060000 u-boot-linino-tian.bin;
Only If the file was properly downloaded, as shown above, you can proceed erasing the flash and copying the new u-boot.
In case of FAIL, try to understand if the Ethernet connection is present and if the file is in the right position on the TFTP server.
DON'T type the following command if the tftp failed!
Erase the old u-boot:
linino> erase 0x9f000000 +0x40000;
linino> cp.b $fileaddr 0x9f000000 $filesize;
This it should be the output:
If the UBoot environment configuration is equal at that shown above, then type the reset command and the procedure is ended, otherwise apply the new default environment following the below steps:
linino> erase 0x9f040000 +0x10000;
After the board reboot a message like *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment will appear on the console.
Type the lin command and push the Send button.
To avoid the warning message give the following command on the UBoot console
Now your u-boot is upgraded.